The Second Coming

Forum / Role-Play/Stories / The Second Coming
AuthorThread
Maveriks
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 18/1/2007 at 19:55

The wind Blows on a desolate Barren World, one of many that were destroyed after the first coming. A lone scientist is exploring some ruins, a stone sticking out of the surface of the planet. Written on it are names of many empires and Emperors who once banded together to form a strong alliance, but that was long ago. As he reads the ancient names, he realizes that he is not alone ...

From the shadows rises an ancient machine, an Android, no, it is not really human, its more of a Sentinal, an ancient guardsmen of the planet. The scientist is astonished that this machine still functions after such a disaster, and after so much time.

It's been nearlly a millenia since the end of the first coming, yet this Sentinal is still fuly powered .... and it is coming towards the scientist.

'What brings you to crypt of my masters!' asks the Sentinal. Dumfounded, the scientist stammers ' I I I'm studying the annnnncient ruins of the worlds destroyed ...' before he can finish his sentance the Sentinal lets out a metallic roar that deafens the scientist. 'THIS WORLD IS NOT DESTROYED!' and with that the sentinal spends it's full energy, transferring it into the Ruins.

The Stone Lights up, and Vast amounts of Energy is released into the sky. With that the Sentinal settles down for an eternal sleep, it's final task complete, it now remains motionless. The sientist is bewildered, but has no time to think about what hasd just happened, for at that moment a thunderous boom and a ground shaking vibration has brought him back to reality. 'The planet is terring itself apart' screams the scientist, as he tries to make his way to his scout ship.

Just then, the ground tears open before him, and from rises a temple, flowing with eternal power. The scientist is petrified, for he knows what this tower means .... it is the resting place of ..... the ARK ....

*Work in progress, I will add more as I come up with it ^^, if you feel compelled to add anything, please mail it to me and I will reply as soon as I can*

Maveriks
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 18/1/2007 at 21:32

*thunderous booms are heard throughout the planet, violent quakes rock the fabric of the planet*

The Temple Rises towards the heavens, it glows in vibrant colors, and crackles with energy. The scientist is helpless, and can only sit there watching as this monsterous tower rises and rises. After an hour, the planet grows silent, the ground stops shaking, and the roar of crushing earth subsides.

'What ..... just .... happened!?' wonders that scientist. Before him stands a temple unlike any he has seen before. The shape and size resemble no known temples, and its diameter is enouremouse, almost the size of two full blown cities, yet, it stands higher then the tallest Skysc***er on his homeworld. 'This is no mere temple, and is definitely not a common tower, this is ..... a Palace .... ' thinks aloud the scientist, as he instintictively walks toward the gates before him.

'What a marvelous discovery, I'll be famous, I'll be rich, I'll be ....' and before he could finish his sentance, a voice comes from within the Palace itself 'DEAD ....' and with that the scientist slumps to the ground ....

A Day passes before he regains consciousness, and he realizes that the surface of the planet has literally changed. Gone is the Barren landscape, Volcanic mountain ranges, reddish-copper sky. Now it appears to be a blooming Terran world, rivers of lava have been replaced by streams of water, flowing from the ruptures of the mountain ranges, which now remain silent. The sky has changed from the reddish-brown hue to a greenish-blue color, and the wind is blowing violently.

'This .... this is ...... impossible!!' screams the scientist, who appears to be going mad by now. His hair is falling out, his face has turned grey, his body has become weakend and he has aged considerably. As he gazes upon the palace, he spies something that was not there before, a Golem of some sort, no two, on either side of the entrance to the gates. 'How could this be, there is no technology in this universe capable of terraforming a planet in a single day' he yells at the golems. The golems eyes light up, and they rise, as if to answer the scientist. 'It may seem only a day to you, but 25 years have passed. Your lifeforce gave us the power we needed to fuel our revival' speak both golems simultanously. Their voice, echoing in his mind, as he clutches his head in disbelief. 'NO!!!!! This cannot be!!' yells the man, as the golems approach him. One is made of metal, the other appears to be stone, both bear the sign of a phoenix upon their chest, and are colored blue and black.

'Come with us now, your final task is at hand' say the golems as they scoop the man up in their hands. 'AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' yells the man, as he rolls into a fetal position and his eyes widen with terror. With that, the gates open and they are swallowed up by the Palace.

They travel for what seems days before coming to a full stop. Before them lays the stone, which he first found on the planet. 'Go to the stone' speak the golems, their voices now coming from within his mind. The man is drawn to the stone, like a moth to a flame. He places his hand on the stone and is bombard by millions of images. 'MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!! ITS BEING TORN APART!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!..........' screams the man, the images continue to poor into him.

The scenes of battles, giant fleets and invasion forces fills his mind. Planets, destroyed in battle, cities ruined due to bombing, conquered citizens of empires and carange on a grand scale never seen since the end of time, since the end of the First Coming ... he was witnessing the past, as if he were there. The man passes out, the images and information are too much for his fragile body to handle.

The man awakens, after what seems like days of sleep. He is in a new chamber, what seems to be a throne room, yet, there are what appear to be coffins standing, side by side. 'Two by two ....' a voice repeates, over and over. The man, struggles to stand, only to realize that his lifeforce has been all but completely drained. His hair is grey, face wrinkled, his fragile body on the verge of complete and total collapse, yet he manages to stand though, with an unseen power guiding him to end of the throne room. As he passes each coffin, they light up, and the lids slide off. Rising, like metallic skeletons are .... Sentinals ..... and then he realizes that these are not coffins, they are stasis chambers.

The man finally reaches the end and before him stands what appear to be cryogenic chambers, yet there is nothing inside. 'What does this mean?' says the man wearily. Silence .... 'Why am I here?' asks the man sleepily ... Sielence .... 'Who are you!!!' yells the man ..... Silenece .... The man collapses, hands in his face,and he breaks down crying. As the man weeps, the central chamber lights up, and the doors open. The man lifts his head, and what appears to be a boy steps out. 'A child!!' yells the man ...... 'No' replies a voice, 'I am .... ARK ....' replies the chid-like figure. The man rises and walks toward the figure, which appears to have matured before his eyes to a man. 'Ark? that is impossible! replies the old man, now looking as if he was 123 years old. 'ARK lives inside me, and in turn I am ARK, as are you' replies the figure. The old man gasps, yet continues to walk toward the light. He is now inside the chamber, and the door seals behind him.

'What have I done, what have I done!!' yells the man from within the chamber. A voice replies, 'You have fulfiiled your lifes destiny, and now you shall be rewarded' and with that, the chamber flashes in a bright light, and the man instantly freezes. 'How can this be!? I cannot move, my body lays still, yet I still remain ..... awake!' a voice echos through chamber. The Sentinals have now fully revived from their deep sleep and are lined up in rows and columns, kneeling before the chamber. 'You are now a part of ARK, you gave us life, and for that, you shall have eternal life!'

*the ground shakes, and the sky is filled by thousands of vessels*

'Our war machine will once again fill the emptyness of space, our feet will touch solid ground once more, We shall re-conquer the known universe once more, and go beyond to conquer the unknown!' speak the chambers within the throne room, the emperors of old, each sealed inside.

Visions of people begin to fill planet, as more structures rise onto the surface. The world has come to life, the universe will soon tremble at the mechnaical might of this once dead world, and this lost Empire.

Pestilence
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 19/1/2007 at 5:18

Thats amazing dude, an awesome read (althou i might be a little biased) :-) Definitely a keeper

David
Creator

Date: 19/1/2007 at 16:18

A brilliant read Mav, well done.

Maveriks
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 19/1/2007 at 16:27

Hehe, thanx and thanx :p Ill be adding more too, when creativity flows, it pours ;)

Whistler
Advanced Poster

Date: 19/1/2007 at 17:17

here here well done

looking foreward to more

Maveriks
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 19/1/2007 at 22:33

Hehe thanx fely ^^ I'll try not to keep you waiting too long ;)

HellSing
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 20/1/2007 at 3:46

suddenly i can see dollar signs in front of my eyes.. hehe.. how about i be your publisher mav?? heheh.. we can share around 50-50 the profits.. hehehe.. :P

and i would say, what a comeback.. hope you can add more to this mav.. heheh.. welcome back Maveriks.. heheh

Maveriks
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 22/1/2007 at 17:31

lol hellsing =p Sure, but of course you will have to take care of my expenses and give me signing bonuses, plus I expect 25% royalties on everything sold =p

Login to the Forum

To reply to this thread please login to the Atorian Forum:

If you do not have a forum account click here.

Forum Username:
Password:

By logging into the Atorian Community Forum you are agreeing to abide by the Forum Rules and agreeing to the Privacy Policy. To view the Privacy Policy and forum rules click here.