Quiz game

Forum / Off Topic / Quiz game - Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
AuthorThread
Sol
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 11:09

Very simple game.

A question is posted and when the correct answer is given the winner posts a new question.

You can use whatever sources you want, the only limitation is what the forum says that you can/can't post.

Here is the first question to get you to think:

Which Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt was the only one to NOT have his tomb robbed?

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 12:10

Tutankhamen was the only Pharaoh whose tomb was not robbed. Also a little known fact about King Tut--he was buried in his jammies.

What is the name of the closest star to earth (other than the sun)?

note: Most people will name the star system- Alpha Centauri as the closest star, but this is incorrect.

Sol
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 17:25

Wrong actually. His tomb was robbed. So my question still stands.

alf15
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 17:34

in answer to sols question no clue

jvstice the star is polaris

Sol
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 18:03

alf

Post a question if he says that the answer is right. We will just have two lines until someone gets them both right,

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 18:19

Sol- Ramesses?

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 18:24

I did a lot of googling and wikipedia research on the subject. I suppose both Tut and Ramses theoretically by modern man aka archaeologists. Is the answer a pharaoh who's tomb has not yet been excavated?

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 27/6/2007 at 18:52

^ insert the words "were robbed" after the word theoretically in the above post.

thx Jvstice

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 2:28

The correct answer to my question is Proxima Centauri. below is part of an atticle about the star from wikipedia.

The red dwarf star Proxima Centauri, likely to be part of the Alpha Centauri star system, is the nearest star to the Sun at a distance of 4.22 light years. As the name suggests, it is located in the constellation of Centaurus. Proxima Centauri was discovered to share the same proper motion as Alpha Centauri in 1915 by Robert Innes while he was Director of the Union Observatory in Johannesburg, South Africa. Innes also suggested the name Proxima Centauri for the star. In 1917 at the Royal Observatory at the Cape of Good Hope, the Dutch astronomer J. Voûte measured the trigonometric parallax and determined that Proxima Centauri was indeed the same distance from the Sun as Alpha Centauri and hence was also the lowest luminosity star known at the time<1>.

Polaris is also known as the north star. It is the brighes star in the western hemisphere. (I think--not positive) here is the wikipedia article concerning Polaris http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaris

Sol, since you started this thread, let me make sure I understand the rules. I've always been a trivia buff, so this game really appeals to me.

Do you want a question to be correctly answered before another one is presented?

If a question remains unanswered for a long time, (24-48 hours?) can we assume it's not going to be answered and ask another?

Can we also ask riddles instead of factual type trivia questions?

Thx -Jvstice

Sol
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 5:43

No it isn't Ramesses. And yes the tomb has been excavated.

Yes I would prefer an answer be correctly answered before the next one was asked.

The second one, I will allow that.

You can ask whatever you want, it doesn't have to be factual.

And now I will give you a very big hint. The Pharaoh in question was a Dynasty 21 Pharaoh.

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 6:33

OK, after a lot of research, I'll have to say Psusennes I

Psusennes I was the third king of the Twenty-first Dynasty and is probably the best known of all this dynasty's kings. This is because of the discovery of his intact tomb during the excavation of Tanis. His mummy was found in the tomb and was that of an old man. Also is the tomb was a second burial chamber was for his sister and wife, Queen Mutnodjme. At some time later, her mummy and funerary objects were removed. King Amunemope's mummy and funerary objects were placed there after he was moved from another tomb that was not too far away. There were also several other mummies found in this tomb as well. These mummies were thought to have been placed here to be protected from the destruction of the other tombs around.

Sol, what can I say? Thank you. The search for this answer has been a true joy. I have learned so much about ancient Egyptian tombs and related matters. I FINALLY found the info I needed on http://egyptologist.org ,but let me tell you the search was truly a joy.

Sol, please ask some more hard questions like this one.Trust me, I'll give you a few difficult one's myself.

PS: If I'm wrong-I give up. Give me the answer please.

Thx -Jvstice

Sol
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 17:30

Guess what?

You are absolutely correct. I guess it's your turn to ask a question.

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 18:33

In our solar system on a planet other earth, there is a geometrical shape. It's located in the atmosphere of this planet. The shape was first photographed around 20 years ago by Voyagers 1 and 2. Scientists have been unable to explain what is causing the shape. The shape was also photographed recently and is definitely confirmed.

What is the shape and on what planet is it located?

alf15
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 18:40

i beleive the shape is the oval on saturn witch is actualy a never ending storm which is the size of 3 earths

Jvstice
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/6/2007 at 18:56

No it's not an oval or a spherical shape. It's shape is very definite and could not be mistaken for another shape.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Login to the Forum

To reply to this thread please login to the Atorian Forum:

If you do not have a forum account click here.

Forum Username:
Password:

By logging into the Atorian Community Forum you are agreeing to abide by the Forum Rules and agreeing to the Privacy Policy. To view the Privacy Policy and forum rules click here.