End of round?

Forum / General / End of round?
AuthorThread
ganterp
Novice

Date: 31/3/2009 at 13:30

isn,t this supposed to be a short round of 3 months?

I was just looking through the community posts and say that it said it would be 3 months long.

???
Ganterp

Crazy
Novice

Date: 2/4/2009 at 18:36

yeah... Pesti said he was gonna make some changes for next round so maybe it's just taking longer than expected...

either that or he's forgotten about us again =p

Venom
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 7/4/2009 at 20:39

Pesti and someone else are currently developing, and from what I have heard, it should (If I am correct) be a BIG over haul. And I mean BIG!

Laconia
Advanced Poster

Date: 17/4/2009 at 16:34

Shame that no one really plays no more :-O

ganterp
Novice

Date: 18/4/2009 at 18:08

OMG well come back SPARTA

It is a Shame yer

theres too much needed to be fixed as well.

Venom
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 26/4/2009 at 16:01

Sparta, I still play, although I am don't check the Forums all that often as there are never any new posts here :-p Haha

Laconia
Advanced Poster

Date: 28/4/2009 at 17:01

I never check the forums either.. Mainly as i gave up long ago.. Played a few months back and wasn't attacked once... Was expecting to get raped :-(

Pestilence
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 29/4/2009 at 9:56

haha thats a good avatar pic Sparta :-p

Well ive had to take a break from coding (and i have been doing so for approx 6 months) - im currently studying. Hellsing is...im not sure, missing in action. Atorian hasnt been forgotten its just in a phase at the moment - Venom is right - Atorian has a new developer. If he's not shy he might even say hello :-p

A new version of Atorian is currently being developed and its fair to say that this isnt a small project. Alot of the past ideas that we have always wanted to include in the game are on our list and we want to implement them all (if we technically can) before releasing it to the public. Some of the annoying aspects in the game (eg. scoring/MR) will be resolved aswell. I would say that the progress on this project is coming along quite well, but there is alot more to do and it must be said that only one coder is working on it at the moment (not me). Until i get my certification i am keeping myself away from the coding otherwise i will lose concentration on my studies (coding is more fun :-p).

Atorian has always been run by those who have "spare time", as you can all appreciate spare time isnt always so plentiful, which is why we couldnt even speculate an eta date at this time, but we can assure you we WILL reach our final goal.

blahman
Basic Poster

Date: 11/5/2009 at 6:40

Hi all,
It's me, the mystery developer. I'd just like to say hello to the Atorian faithful that still remain.

The new version of Atorian is being written from the ground up. This means lots of improvements and a slight change in gameplay. I am endeavoring to keep as much of the things that make Atorian fun, while delving into more depth for a fuller game.

I'd like to add to Pesti's comments that this is going to take a while to get done, and there are still a few technical design tests to check the feasibility of some core design ideas yet to be done, but all in all it looks very promising.

My background is as a programmer / sys admin with 16+ years exp. I have written some games for the pc, which pesti has even played :). I have been a web developer on and off for the last 8 years, so I have plenty of technical exp. I have a love of strategic games and have wanted a meaty project to get my teeth into. I have known Pesti for quite a while now, and have helped him thrash out ideas when he was a lot more involved with the game {pokes Pesti + grins}

For those that want to help:- At the moment I'm still designing and coding so I can't really use any help, but I will be interested in play-testers once we get most of the coding done.

researchguy
Novice

Date: 12/5/2009 at 6:36

welcome to the atorian community, we welcome you to our game, and wish you the beast of luck helpin us. we are a tad needy:) j/k:)

Crazy
Novice

Date: 12/5/2009 at 21:47

Nice to meetcha :)

everything sounds pretty sweet at the moment, I'll definitely be up for some play-testing when the time comes ;)

Venom
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 14/5/2009 at 21:37

Willing to test when the time comes! :-p

And welcome Mystery Developer! No doubt the new game will be to a high standard as usual!

Whistler
Advanced Poster

Date: 15/5/2009 at 5:45

hello blahman AKA Mystery Developer

glad to have you on board so to speak

i think i can say for many of us we are glad that this game has new interested people to help keep a great game going and getting better

i also would be happy to lend a hand in testing or in any other way i can

good luck with all the hard work and know that it is appreciated by more than may say so

Login to the Forum

To reply to this thread please login to the Atorian Forum:

If you do not have a forum account click here.

Forum Username:
Password:

By logging into the Atorian Community Forum you are agreeing to abide by the Forum Rules and agreeing to the Privacy Policy. To view the Privacy Policy and forum rules click here.