Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 29/4/2009 at 5:34

Do you enjoy Atorian:
48% - Yes
06% - No
37% - Yes, Needs some changes
09% - No, needs serious work

So lets stir the pot - if your a part of the 37% or 9% - id like to hear your feedback please

Laconia
Advanced Poster

Date: 30/4/2009 at 15:03

One thing i don't like is the fact you can have as many accounts as you can.
* This screws up politics especially if lets say player A makes 40 accounts and all of them vote for his/her main account they would get a MAJOR advantage over people that cba in making 40 accounts.... If player A quits the game any other person that wants to get the vote thing would have a problem.
* Also ofcourse being attacked by 10 accounts from the same person gives a slight disadvantage too..

Also i think the races should get bonuses, so like a race that gets defensive bonus, one with more income, then another with more attacking power or such.

Il put more up the more i play....

Venom
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 30/4/2009 at 19:21

The ship design area needs more work. Targetting is a major concern of mine, for example, scions can target pretty much all they want.

The battle reports need tidying up. Just ends up where I don't want to read it, apart from the last few lines. And all of those numbers at the bottom.... Huh? Confusing :-(

The game needs to be tidied up in my opinion. At the moment bits have just been bolted on, but not welded shut, if you get what I mean. There are lose ends, things that are irrelevant, and thing that are relevant but not really fine tuned to be balanced.

Crazy
Novice

Date: 2/5/2009 at 19:03

Battles need some changes I think. At the moment there's 2 or 3 ships designs that will just beat anything else... scions need some restrictions too, like Venom said. There's absolutely no incentive to use battleships or destroyers right now because they're so ineffective - and that means we're missing out on some designing fun. The base costs didn't really help much either, if anything they just made the heavier classes even more useless.

I'd like to see a battle system where things are a lot more varied, so that there isn't one 'perfect' design, if you see what I mean.

Whistler
Advanced Poster

Date: 3/5/2009 at 5:28

i have to agree with everything said above

i would like to see weapons and ammo types do different damage to shields and armor combinations

weight to engine speed and EXP points limit the use of engine types

still a fun game and i hope things will continue to get better

Pestilence
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 12/5/2009 at 6:48

Laconia,
i agree, i wasnt much of a fan of multiple accounts, however they were in the game and tracking/deleting them was a nightmare and consumed way too many hours of my life. That said it will be less likely to have multies next version.

Race bonus's etc - thats one thats been going around for ages - alot of other games use it. We havent discussed it too much. The most difficult battle with this is getting the balance right.

Venom,
As you may recall scions were an added in class - its fair to say they are probably a little too over-powered. How would players like to see this resolved? Change what they can target? less weight/more weight? That said this problem will only really effect this version.

Yeah ill be the first to admit my html skill suck lol. I can remove the numbers at the bottom :-) they're just there for me to re-check "disputed battles" (which i havent had to do for yonks)

Crazy,
So why arent heavy class ships any good? I would think long range fire means first hit meaning bye bye scions. Sorry i havent played in such a long time can you spell it out for me? :-D Are long range weapons not powerful enough or what?

Whistler,
"i would like to see weapons and ammo types do different damage to shields and armor combinations"

So would i :-p

"weight to engine speed and EXP points limit the use of engine types"
okie dokies

Cheers for the feedback guys, got any more?

Crazy
Novice

Date: 12/5/2009 at 22:03

Well, it mostly comes down to cost/EXP points. Sure, you can attack first, but if you're using the heavier ships then you can only build a small number compared to say a scion fleet. So your fire gets spread out whereas theirs gets concentrated AND they get a lot more EXP points for destroying you. Even if you did destroy more ships you'd likely still lose because of the EXP points battleships / titans give out.

The base costs have a lot to do with this, but it was still a problem before they were introduced. Basically it went from scions beating everything before the costs to scions beating most things with strikers and fighters being little more useful. The heavier classes just got worse.

Destroyers are the worst because they can't even take long range weapons. At the moment if I see a destroyer fleet I attack it with 1/3 or 1/4 of their MR using scions and get easy score.

My suggestion: limit the ship classes scions can target, remove ships costs and beef up the long range weapons a bit. All of that might just about make it even. It would be even better if there was a system where different weapons work differently against different armor, like Whistler suggested ;) Just to get people experimenting more, especially with more complex designs.

Hope that helps, tell me if it didn't make sense =p

Pestilence
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 13/5/2009 at 9:54

Crazy,
I would have thought BS/Titans would be able to pump out enough destruction to withstand the fire later in battle. From what your saying that doesnt appear to be the case and scions are gaining more points in battle then a battleship/ titan can.

From what i recall there was a reason i added in base costs, what that reason was i cant quite remember (at this particular moment), however i dont usually add something into the game for nothing :-)

I might restart the round soon. Make some adjustments to long range weapons and review targetting classes. In any rate, changes made mean that everyone will be on the off-foot again :-D

Crazy
Novice

Date: 13/5/2009 at 13:45

Sure, I mean long range weapons do plenty of damage, and if it was 50k battleships vs 50k scions then the battleships would win easy, just like you'd expect. Unfortunately for the MR to be the same it would be more like 10k battleships to 100k scions, which is an easy win for the scions. Scions can generally beat the BS up to about 1/2 or 1/3 of the MR (so about 30-40k scions compared to 10k battleships, maybe even as low as 25k depending on the designs.)

So either the MR needs to be changed or the weapons do, just to make sure the fleets are even with the same MR. It would be great if a scion fleet and a BS one with the same MR were around even, so that it comes down more to the individual designs, rather than ship class. ;) It'd probably take some testing to get it exactly right, though.

I support the new round idea as well, hehe =p

Whistler
Advanced Poster

Date: 15/5/2009 at 5:52

as Crazy said the MR of BS is to high for the dammage it can make against a base model scion

this may be opening up some secret but the Neon cannon is such an overpowering weapon the scion can be a minimum weight and deliver such dammage not much else can compete

if a bs is armed with neon cannons it would do serious dammage but miss the long range first shot advantage of having a bs

just a thought is to
1 add effectiveness to armor against neon cannon
2 lessen damage done by the neon cannon allowing other designs to be able to be effective

maybe im in a brain fart again just let me know

Pestilence
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 19/5/2009 at 9:19

Okay so im testing things out, ive just built 50k of battleships and 180k of scions. To make things easy ive gone as near on max weight for both classes with both designs carrying decent engines, weapons and armor. Now to battle them out

Pestilence
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 19/5/2009 at 13:36

The T_Admin empire has gained 3870177 experience points!

The T_Admins empire fleets have arrived on the outskirts of Z_Admins space. Only long range weapons will be effective from this distance.

180000 of The T_Admin Empires Scions(Sci) attacks 9 Tanker-XVs(Fig) and destroys 0 ships.
The T_Admin Empire gains 0 damage point.

50000 of The Z_Admin Empires Battleships(Bat) attacks 180000 Scions(Sci) and destroys 30969 ships.
The Z_Admin Empire gains 3654342 damage points.

The Z_Admin Empires Sub-Space Fighter ships could not find any targets to attack.
The Z_Admin Empires Tanker-XV ships could not find any targets to attack.
The T_Admins empire fleets have now advanced, ships are too close to each other to use long range weapons and too far away to use short range weapons.

149031 of The T_Admin Empires Scions(Sci) attacks 9 Tanker-XVs(Fig) and destroys 9 ships.
The T_Admin Empire gains 102 damage points.

149031 of The T_Admin Empires Scions(Sci) attacks 10 Sub-Space Fighters(Fig) and destroys 10 ships.
The T_Admin Empire gains 54 damage points.

149031 of The T_Admin Empires Scions(Sci) attacks 50000 Battleships(Bat) and destroys 11239 ships.
The T_Admin Empire gains 4300041 damage points.

38761 of The Z_Admin Empires Battleships(Bat) attacks 149031 Scions(Sci) and destroys 0 ships.
The Z_Admin Empire gains 0 damage point.

The T_Admins empire fleets enter close combat, all ships are now orbiting one of the Z_Admin Empires planets, long and medium range weapons are useless.

149031 of The T_Admin Empires Scions(Sci) attacks 38761 Battleships(Bat) and destroys 0 ships.
The T_Admin Empire gains 0 damage point.

38761 of The Z_Admin Empires Battleships(Bat) attacks 149031 Scions(Sci) and destroys 0 ships.

The Attackers Military Rating:
The T_Admin has a military rating of 106245100

The Defenders Military Rating:
The Z_Admin has a military rating of 95650783

The Z_Admin empire has lost the battle and recieves 0 experience points!
The T_Admin has gained 4300197 experience points

The Attacking ships will now have their scores modified based on their military rating:
Score Modifier 1 = 90%
The T_Admin empire has now gained 3870177 experience points!

Additional score will now be taken from the defending emperors score and added to the attacking emperors:
The Z_Admin empire will lose 0 points
The T_Admin empire has now gained 3870177 experience points

==================
So from this report i can see that 150k of scions destroyed 12k of BS and produced a higher damage. 50k of battleships took out 30k of scions. I think your figures are a little exagerated Crazy but it certainly emphasises the area of concern

Crazy
Novice

Date: 19/5/2009 at 13:53

^ That's with max weight scions, though. With a lighter design it would be even more uneven.

As BloodDiamond just showed you, I think =P

Blooddiamond
Rookie Poster

Date: 19/5/2009 at 14:23

hey soz about the attack lol didnt even realise you was testing just saw a huge fleet lol. ill post the battle maybe it will help.

The Attacking ships have won the battle!
The BloodDiamond empire has gained 8988604 experience points!

The BloodDiamonds empire fleets have arrived on the outskirts of Z_Admins space. Only long range weapons will be effective from this distance.

75000 of The BloodDiamond Empires Muahahahas(Sci) attacks 38761 Battleships(Bat) and destroys 0 ships.
The BloodDiamond Empire gains 0 damage point.

38761 of The Z_Admin Empires Battleships(Bat) attacks 75000 Muahahahas(Sci) and destroys 34872 ships.
The Z_Admin Empire gains 2186893 damage points.

The BloodDiamonds empire fleets have now advanced, ships are too close to each other to use long range weapons and too far away to use short range weapons.

40128 of The BloodDiamond Empires Muahahahas(Sci) attacks 38761 Battleships(Bat) and destroys 7482 ships.
The BloodDiamond Empire gains 2862613 damage points.

31279 of The Z_Admin Empires Battleships(Bat) attacks 40128 Muahahahas(Sci) and destroys 0 ships.

The BloodDiamonds empire fleets enter close combat, all ships are now orbiting one of the Z_Admin Empires planets, long and medium range weapons are useless.

40128 of The BloodDiamond Empires Muahahahas(Sci) attacks 31279 Battleships(Bat) and destroys 0 ships.
The BloodDiamond Empire gains 0 damage point.

31279 of The Z_Admin Empires Battleships(Bat) attacks 40128 Muahahahas(Sci) and destroys 0 ships.

The Attackers Military Rating:
The BloodDiamond has a military rating of 23595400

The Defenders Military Rating:
The Z_Admin has a military rating of 74149793

The Z_Admin empire has lost the battle and recieves 0 experience points!
The BloodDiamond has gained 2862613 experience points

The Attacking ships will now have their scores modified based on their military rating:
Score Modifier 1 = 314%
The BloodDiamond empire has now gained 8988604 experience points!

Additional score will now be taken from the defending emperors score and added to the attacking emperors:
The Z_Admin empire will lose 0 points
The BloodDiamond empire has now gained 8988604 experience points

Moon Captures:
The BloodDiamond empire has stolen the following Moons:
Terran: 0
Volcanic: 0
Oceanic: 0
Ziton: 0
Barren: 0
Gas: 0

i must say tho that has been the closest battle ive seen in months. havent done many battle l8ly but when i do no one can even get close to what you did, certainly with b ships :P.

keeping it nice and short i agree with everythink above :P. if i may say my self titan attacks!!!! lol. there not very good and id say they need adjusting no idea what would make them usefull tho but i think that guadians should only be destroyed when there is an actual battle taking place because you can destroy guardians when there is no ships at home and you automatically take 10% of there score. you dont even have to plan a ship design to do this. you just chuck some weapons on 1 single and 1st engine and try your luck. its far to easy to get score and moons

Crazy
Novice

Date: 19/5/2009 at 17:13

^ Case in point, Pesti. He had less than double the number of ships you had, and less than 1/3 of the MR.

Pages: 1 2
Login to the Forum

To reply to this thread please login to the Atorian Forum:

If you do not have a forum account click here.

Forum Username:
Password:

By logging into the Atorian Community Forum you are agreeing to abide by the Forum Rules and agreeing to the Privacy Policy. To view the Privacy Policy and forum rules click here.